Looks like it’s that time of the year again folks when Niamh remembers she has a blog for the New Year and writes one post to vent out her New Year/Year in Review shite, (like anyone cares..) and disappear again for another 365 days for the 3rd (?) year in a row.
Yes. We are back for exactly that. Hold onto your hats kids because its about to get WILD. Let’s get this load of waffle show on the road.
Now for the 3rd (?) year in a row I’m going to say it, I am actually going to try and consistently blog this year… I’m setting myself the 2020 goal of one post a month and I can’t wait to read this back in Dec/Jan and roll my eyes like you probably are now too. But it’s 2020! Anything can happen!
I’m not usually one for the New Year hype, and to be honest, I’m still not. However, I do like the sound of 2020. The whole new year, new decade, round number, leap year, 2020 vision, roaring 20s feel of it all does have something to it. And it’s always a great lease of motivation. Get some new goals, project positivity into the atmosphere and great things will follow and all that bullshit. I feel it, I do.
Overall 2019 was a great year, I achieved some great things, went to amazing places with amazing friends and really had some all round fabulous experiences! I think from the year I realised you get out of life what you put in. I was really set on spending my money on great experiences and not having any FOMO and I love to live my life that way (although I’m not sure my bank account agrees..). And it’s that energy on another level I want to bring into this year and decade.
I’m feeling determined to be the best version of myself, doing what makes me happy with no regrets and nothing holding me back. It’s this mindset I’ve used to set myself some goals for the new year. I don’t like the idea of resolutions and trying to change, I much prefer setting goals to get to where I want to be.
- Blogging more. I know I’ve said this before but trust me it’s easier said than done. I find it hard to write if I lack inspiration. However, I am going to try my best to write more this year. I think essentially writing is going to get me to a great end goal in life, so why wait? I’m not going to force myself to write just to hit my one post a month goal but I am going to seek more inspiration and be on top of the game a bit more to see what I can really get out of this platform I enjoy so much.
- Clear Skin. On the theme of not letting things hold me back my skin is something that I really struggle with. To others it may not be stand out but to me it’s something that can get me on my worst days and make me not want to leave the house. Also, being as passionate with make up as I am, it really gets in the way of that sometimes too, so it’s time to make a change. I’m planning on making small little steps to truly find a skin care routine that works for me. I also want to document my journey on the blog to try and help others who may struggle too! So watch this space.
- Body Positivity. On a similar note to the one above, another goal of mine this year is to be truly content with my figure. I got really into the gym last year and really started to get my body to a place I was happy with. I struggle with this one because I’m such a foodie/drinker/sociable person, and that is my downfall, however I am aiming to find the perfect balance and make a few small changes that won’t effect my lifestyle much to really get this goal into full effect.
- Have a Healthy Routine. Again this kind of links to the above. I love going out, whether that be with friends or family, for food or drinks, day or night, I’m your girl. And I don’t want to sacrifice any of this! I just want to find a good level of balance between work and the gym, and a social life and me time, and everything else will reap the benefits! I think this one is key and will really help a lot of my goals.
- Be Financially Sensible. I like to think I am pretty good at this one anyway, but there is always room for improvement. I want to try and spend less money on fast fashion and makeup that I don’t need when I already have a wardrobe full of clothes and a drawer full of makeup! I prefer spending my money on experiences over materialistic things anyway so this will really help me with saving and making movements towards my next goal…
- Just Go! This one is pretty brief and something I live by regardless really. But last year I did so many gigs and holidays and really felt like I was living my best life I just want more of that this year. Whether it is a dream holiday or city break destination, or just a concert I really want to go to, or even travelling to another city or country specifically for a gig – just do it! A sub goal of this is my very expensive challenge to go to at least one concert/gig every month this year! (All of which is really supporting goal number 6…oops.) I’ve already got some of this in motion though which is great with a Summer trip to NYC booked and 4 concerts in before the end of April, I am truly not holding back!
- Be More Environmental. I don’t know if that’s the right word for it, but regardless, Climate Change scares the absolute shit out of me, and what’s going on in Australia with the fires and places in the Middle East that are flooding is absolutely terrifying. The world is a scary place. But with things like buying less fast fashion etc. I want to make lifestyle changes that will help the planet. I want to try and eat 1/2 days meat free a week etc. Nothing major, just small steps, every little helps. And I also want to try and donate money I save from not shopping etc. to charities helping climate change and more.
Setting goals and writing a list can be so beneficial for your mindset. I am such an overthinker and worrier and pouring everything out onto a page with sub notes of how I am going to achieve things really helps me! I have all of my goals and sub points of what I am going to do at different points in the year to help me get there, written into my notes page on my phone. I also think having check points before December makes your goals much more achievable.
So let’s see what I can do with this 2020 vision hey. A few goals are things I am hoping to document on here, and let’s hope the next time I am typing away is in a months time to get a small tick next to goal number 1, and not in 2021!
Here are my thoughts on a page. Until next time.